Here are some links to curriculum resources and information for mathematics teachers. Please take some time to explore the various links to the resources. If you have other helpful links you would like to see added to this page, please contact us.
This page contains links to the model curriculum resources aligned to Ohio’s Learning Standards (Common Core State Standards). This page contains specific links to the grade specific Math model curricula.
Ohio 2017 Revised Math Standards Documents
- Timeline of Implementation of Revised Standards
- K-8 Learning Progressions
- K-8 Critical Areas of Focus
- 2017 Math Standards Comparison
- 2017 Ohio Math Standards
- High School Course by Standards
- Math Model Curriculum page
- Crosswalk for Spring 2017 Item Data and Released Tests
- PreK-12 Summary on Statistics
- Full Report on GAISE Model
- PreK-12 GAISE Model Level A
- PreK-12 GAISE Model Level B
- GAISE Model presentation
If you would like to explore the actual common core state standards for Mathematics, this link will navigate to the official common core site.
Unpacking the K-8 Math Standards
The links below go to grade level “Unpacking the Standards” Word documents from North Carolina that contains a break down each standard and clarify key ideas and details. The documents also include what the students should be able to do for each standard. Select your grade level link below:
- First Grade
- Second Grade
- Third Grade
- Fourth Grade
- Fifth Grade
- Sixth Grade
- Seventh Grade
- Eighth Grade
NC Math Resources
The links below go to pages for the respective grade bands that include specific grade level instructional resources for addressing the common core math standards. Resources include instructional units and assessments.
This page contains links to specific grade level resources to teach the common core math standards. Select the grade band below and then the grade level and unit you would like to explore.
EngageNY Math Curriculum
The links below navigate to the curriculum developed by EngageNY. The links lead to the specific grade level curriculum resources.
- Grade 1
- Grade 2
- Grade 3
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 6
- Grade 7
- Grade 8
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
Utah Math Resources
Utah is also a Common Core state that has some helpful instructional resources. Here are some direct links to the various resources from Utah.
- General Math page from Utah – scroll through the page to find numerous math resources for various grades.
- K-5 Math Resources – includes teacher-created tasks and performance assessments
- Sixth Grade Resources – similar resources to K-5
This site includes curriculum maps for the various grade levels and high school courses that are aligned to the common core math standards. The maps also have links to specific lessons that are focused on problem-based learning. Very helpful resource.
This site contains very sound instructional lessons that teach the 2-8 math standards using video and technology. To navigate to your grade level, click the grade level and then the lesson folder under the standard you are looking to teach. This can also be used as a powerful tutorial resource for students who need remediation.
This is a video-based tutorial site for mathematics. You can search for short video tutorials by topic for grade 6-12.
Eureka math is a complete, free math curriculum aligned to the common core standards for mathematics. It has been evaluated and rated as one of the top math curriculum by edreports.org. Below are some great resources that are aligned directly to Eureka math.
Parent Resources – one challenge to Eureka math is that it teaches math differently than most parents learned math. Therefore, parent resources and help are critical in implementing Eureka math. Here is a site created by Dave Shellhaas when he was at Piqua City Schools.
Teacher Resources – the links below are to specific grade level resources aligned to Eureka math.
Zearn is a free online math resource that is totally aligned to the modules and lessons in the Eureka math curriculum. It is free but you must sign up and register to get access to the program. This is a powerful online resource. At this point the site only includes resources for grades 2,3, and 4. 5th grade is supposed to be added in the future, so keep checking back.
It’s quick and easy to create equations, graphs, stats displays and math quizzes to insert in Google Docs or Sheets.
Desmos can be used on any computer or tablet, completely free of charge, and does not even require a download. It seamlessly creates beautiful visual representations and animations, and it allows users to save and share graphs they’ve created. Desmos makes complex math — whether theoretical or applied — fun, interactive, and accessible.
A geometry package providing for both graphical and algebraic input. Includes the program and worksheets for download, as well as screenshots.
This site contains lessons aligned directly to specific K-12 common core standards. Select your grade level or high school standard and then the specific topic. Each standard will have links to specific lessons alighed to that standard.
This site is a result of a collaborative project of several schools and teachers in northwest Ohio. There are collections of great resources for math as well as other subjects. Click the links below to access specific course units and resources.
This rich site has many different instructional resources that can be helpful to teachers. Click the links below to navigate to the various resources found within the site.
- Grade Level Tasks – click the grade level and then the link for “View all Grade ___ Tasks.”
- Mathematical Practices – click the link of the mathematical practice you would like to know more about.
- Progressions – this page has videos explaining the learning progression of fractions.
This site contains rich resources to teach 6-12 mathematics. The resources include lessons/challenges, assessments/tasks, and PD modules.
- Summative tests or tasks exemplify the performance targets that the standards imply. The tests show the kinds of performance that students in rich math programs will achieve, with the range and balance that the standards describe. The tasks, with the associated guidance, equip teachers to monitor overall progress in their students’ mathematics.
- Classroom Challenges are lessons that support teachers in formative assessment. They both reveal and develop students’ understanding of key mathematical ideas and applications. These lessons enable teachers and students to monitor in more detail their progress towards the targets of the standards. They assay students’ understanding of important concepts and problem solving performance and help teachers and their students to work effectively together to move each student’s mathematical reasoning forward.
- Professional development modules will help teachers with the pedagogical and mathematical challenges that this approach involves. Built around the Classroom Challenges, these modules are designed for use by groups of teachers, working together in a supportive school to improve the effectiveness of their program.
This site contains many helpful resources for math teachers. Click the links below to explore the various resources found on this site.
- Classroom videos – this page contains videos showing classroom teaching involving the various resources found on the site.
- Problems of the Month – this page has links to download the various Problems of the Month that can be used to teach the different standards.
- Performance Assessments – click on a grade level to navigate to grade specific performance tasks.
The National Council of Teachers of Mathematics has a great site with lessons and interactive activities to teach the common core math standards. Click the links below to explore the various resources of the site.
- Lessons – this page shows new lessons and allows you to filter to find lessons for various grades and standards.
- Interactives – this page shows interactive activities and games and allows you to filter to find interactives for various grades and standards. It also includes mobile games.
This site contains several great interactives that allow students to visually explore various math concepts.
This is another site with lessons focused on interactives. Check it out.
Utah Math Interactives
Utah has a nice collection of math interactives. Use the links below to explore interactives for the various grade bands.
Math Unit Planning Resources
These are documents that can be helpful as teachers plan math units for their classroom. Check out the various documents to assist with planning a unit of instruction for mathematics.